How Old Is Jack?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How Old Is Amelia?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 21, 2014

It's the Small Things in Life...

No major events pictured in this post, just pictures of some of the small things that go on in our day to day life that just make me smile :-)
Amelia has found a new kind of chair to sit on to read her books...balls. I love that she is the perfect size to just sit on a ball and that she came up with the idea all on her own. 
 This is not the most clear and perfect picture of Amelia, but its the memory of Jack taking this picture that I love.  Amelia was all dressed up in her church dress on Palm Sunday.  When Jack saw his sister, he said, "Amelia's beautiful.  Let's take her picture!" So I gave him the camera and he took a picture of her. I love how much he loves his little sister.
 One evening last week we took a trip to the free zoo otherwise known as the pet store. When we told Jack we were going to see animals he said, "I want to see a lion."  Sorry buddy, wrong kind of zoo.  They had a blast and were so excited to see all the pet store animals.

 For school last week we studied the letter L. Jack and Grace made lions after reading the story of Daniel in the lions den (along with many other activites.)  They are wearing masks that they also made to go along with our bible verse "Man looks at the outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7. 
 Barrett surprised me with the suggestion that we go out for ice cream one evening.  Doesn't take much convincing for me!  I thought I would just share my mint chocolate chip milkshake with Amelia.  I mean how much of a milkshake would you think a 16 month old girl could actually drink?  More than I knew! Before I even realized it she had eaten at least 1/2 of my medium sized milkshake!  That girl likes her icecream!
 The boys shared a brownie hot fudge sundae.
 Then Amelia thought she could sneak a little more ice cream from Daddy. 
 Heads work as chairs for Amelia too :-)
 Now that it has warmed up a bit we were invited over to play in Lorelei's backyard pool.  Jack has been asking for several months when we could go swimming so this was a big treat for him! 
 And of course the snack table by the pool was a big hit!
We got a new piece of furniture for our balcony - a table and 6 chairs.  We had been wanting a table for our balcony so we could go out there for meals or to play games. We have already spent a couple evenings just sitting out there talking, snacking, eating dessert, reading... just enjoying being together and outside.
 The kids love sitting at their picnic table on the balcony too.
Amelia has become quite the multi-tasker.  She can go for a walk while pushing her push toy while talking on her play phone which is being squeezed together between her ear and shoulder.  Oh my! Love this girl! She makes me giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment