How Old Is Jack?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How Old Is Amelia?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 9, 2013

In Everything Give Thanks

We had a great Thanksgiving 2013!
We started off our few days of eating turkey on Wednesday the week of Thanksgiving by celebrating with Barrett's side of the family.
 I love it that Jack is old enough to now help out in the kitchen with us and that he really enjoys it too.  Not too bad that the 2 men that live in my house actually enjoy time cooking in the kitchen.
Making cornbread dressing with GramPam
Amelia was trying to climb up the step stool to help too.
Turkey's in the oven
 Pulling apart the turkeys wishbone
Thanksgiving Dinner! The best meal of the year!
 All the Walch cousins
This was Amelia's FIRST Thanksgiving!!!  Yes, she had her first birthday just 2 days BEFORE Thanksgiving this year but wasn't born until 4 days AFTER thanksgiving last year. So oddly enough she went her whole first year with no Thanksgiving holiday.
 I love that Amelia was able to wear this turkey shirt that I had made for Jack to wear a couple years ago. 
Looks like the combination of eating all that Turkey and reading the Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book really worked at getting Jack to go to sleep.  He was worn out after a fun day!
Early morning snuggles with Pa-Pa & GramPam Thanksgiving morning.

 And a wrestling match for the kiddos. This is how it normally goes...Amelia tackling Jack. :-)
I always look forward to watching the parade on TV each year.



On Thanksgiving day we took the long journey (down the street) to Mom-mom & Pepa's house to celebrate Thanksgiving with my side of the family.  Jack pulled the wagon loaded up with green bean casserole and cheesy corn to our next celebration.
Mom-mom & Pepa
The little boy table - Griffin, Oliver & Jack
She loved her turkey dinner!
The whole crew. We even all fit in one room this year!
 Jack (2 years & 11 months old) and Amelia (1 year & 2 days old)
 Eliana & Amelia
I may be crazy, but I did it (along with my parents, Hannah & Alex). We went to Walmart for a super quick shopping trip Thanksgiving evening.  I haven't gone out for black friday shopping in years and never intended to ever go on Thanksgiving.  But with a combo of a couple incredible bargains and football games going on at home, I figured...why not give it a try.  Success!  It was crazy, but we got what we went for and were out within 30 minutes. 
Our family
Thanksgiving 2013
There are SO many things to be thankful for this year (and every year) but I am especially thankful for this perfect little family of ours this year.  I couldn't ask for a better husband or 2 more precious children.  Some days (okay, many days) seem so crazy and hectic but there is NOTHING in life I would rather be doing than being a wife to the best husband in the world & getting to be a stay at home mommy to my little ones. What an honor!  I have no idea why the Lord has been SO good to me but I am thankful for each new day we are given together as a family. 
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment