How Old Is Jack?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How Old Is Amelia?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 30, 2013

He Just Keeps Growing!

In just 3 months, Jack will be 3 years old.  I am amazed each day how much of a little boy he is becoming...no longer a toddler really, but a boy you can have little conversations with. It is so much fun to see all the fun things he learns each day.  Often times my jaw just drops with amazement and wonder on how he is big enough to know, do, and remember certain things. Here is a random assortment of pictures of my growing boy.
 This fall I decided to do some "school" at home with Jack.  My goal originally was to focus on one letter a week and do activities revolving around that letter.  So far we have only made it to letter B.  I have had to remind myself that he is still only 2 and that he doesn't need to know everything right now!  We need to just have fun at this stage, enjoy each day, and throw in a few learning activities here and there.  So far, we are having fun with it!  This activity is sorting fruit loops by color.  Really he ate way more of the fruit loops than he sorted!
 Putting beans on number cards
 I found him one afternoon sitting on the stairs with his nail grooming kit...trying to file his toe nails.  
 Jack LOVES to brush his teeth.  Morning, noon, and night he goes into his bathroom to brush.
 Not long ago I was downstairs and asked Jack to go upstairs to pick out some clothes for himself to wear (not thinking he actually would.)  But to my surprise he came down with a shirt and shorts. This is the outfit he came down with.  Not surprised that it was one of his helicopter shirts but super surprised that he actually found shorts that matched!
 Letter A project - painting with apples
 Another outfit he picked out on his own.
 Griffin came over for school on "A is for Airplane" day.  This was by far the favorite activity - playing with beans and pasta and mini airplanes.  Who would have known this would have kept them occupied for so long!  Really, like hours long!

 Jack LOVES, LOVES, LOVES helping me bake!!!  We made a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
 But Jack does NOT love not being able to eat all the cookies in one sitting.  That is the not so fun part about making all those cookies.
 Jack was given this castle and knights toy by our neighbors.  I was amazed to see once again how long (hours!) he spent playing with it.  His attention span is definitely on the rise!
 My growing boy is still sleeping in his crib (I snapped this pic a few days ago as he was waking up from his nap just because I know these days of him being in his crib are numbered.) A couple weeks ago he did climb out of his crib for the first time at nap time.  So far though it has only happened once.  But it is a reminder to me that my baby boy is growing.
Fishing with Daddy. 
 I am to the point where I am not having to be 2 inches away from him while we are out fishing with Daddy.  He has begun to realize the dangers of water and that you need to stay on the grass.  I thought this day might never come and I am so thankful that it is finally here.
Eating a hot dog and icee that we got during out walk to the corner store with Griffin and Ollie earlier today.
We LOVE this boy and he makes us smile and laugh each and every day!
More often now we have started being called "Dad" and "Mom" by Jack.  Not sure how it got shortened to that from Daddy and Mommy.  It just sounds like we are so old. Still cute to hear him say though.
So thankful that the Lord blessed us with such a special and sweet little guy!
Some days I can't even believe that he is real and that I have my very own little blue eyed, curly haired, smiling boy named Jack.
 "Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift!" 2 Corinthians 9:15

No comments:

Post a Comment