How Old Is Jack?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How Old Is Amelia?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 28, 2012

It Really Is A GIRL!!!!

I had my 19 week sonogram this morning, and it confirmed that, YES, we really are having a GIRL!!!! I guess I can really start believing it now! It has been fun the past month or so thinking about and planning on having a girl but in the back of my mind I kept thinking that maybe the 1st sonogram wasn't really right.  But that didn't stop me from getting busy with some fabric, ribbon, and a sewing machine. Here are the projects I have done in the past couple weeks...
This pink dress and bloomers I made using an actual pattern. I did it (mostly) all by myself...with some assistance from my mom on putting in the zipper on the back of the dress.  I am normally not patient enough to read all the detailed directions and figuring out what they are talking about in the pattern, but this time I did the best I could and took my time reading the directions over and over trying to figure it out.  I am very pleased with how it turned out! Also pictured are 2 little pink hair bows.

From that same pattern I made this matching pink jacket and bonnet. So precious!

I found a tutorial online for what is called a "pillowcase dress" then added on my own ruffle around the bottom. This was a very simple dress to make and probably took less than an hour to make from start to finish. Also pictured is a larger pink hair bow to match.

This is my first attempt at a 2 piece outfit with pants.  I made the top using a "peasant dress" tutorial I found online, but just shortend it to make it into a shirt.  To make the pants I traced around an old pair of Jacks baby pants to make my own pattern, then after sewing the new pair of pants I just added some ruffles around the bottom.
This is already too much fun!  With Jack taking 3 hr-4 hr naps each day, that is giving me the time right now to sit down and sew. I will take advantage of these long naps while I can and enjoy the quiet time to get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment