How Old Is Jack?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How Old Is Amelia?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Our Week

Over the last couple weeks Jack has been screaming, not because he is upset, just because he can. We have been calling it the "dinosaur" scream. What a fun stage!
Jack's Uncle Alex came to visit us from New York this week. The last time Jack saw him, he was only 6 days old. Jack liked his beard!

Jack and I stopped in at the new In-N-Out Burger (since his NY uncles wanted to try it out while in town.) All I got was a chocolate milkshake (it was late in the afternoon and we already had other big plans for dinner.) For about the last month the line at this place has been out the door and down the street. Not this day though! I walked right in and straight up to the counter to order. I'll have to go back to actually try out a burger next time. Jack too...he looks so hungry in this picture that he is eating his shirt!


For dinner while the NY uncles were in town we went out for Mexican food. Jack and his cousin Griffin got matching outfits to wear that say "My Uncle Rocks." If I could I would move that letter s up to the word uncle so it would say "My Uncles Rock." All of Jack's uncles really do rock!!!


Wide eyed Jack with his other Uncle that is here visiting from NY- Uncle Aaron.


Jack tried out his sippy cup for the 1st time this week. Currently it is just turning out to be a really nice teether. He hasn't quite figured out how to get the water out yet.


Chillin' on the couch together. Jack had fallen asleep while sitting at the table in Daddy's arm, so they moved over to the couch to rest together.


Next veggie: Carrots. Nope, doesn't like these either.


We also tried sweet potatoes. Not much luck with those. We have a picky eater on our hands!


Jack's 1st ride in the big boy shopping cart.


Does Jack look excited or what? He had just been given a taste of something he liked! Bananas!


Yes, he ate them and swallowed some this time! Finally! Only problem, he didn't go potty for days after this. Poor little guy!


One night this past week Jack slept in his crib upstairs all night for the first time. I had the video monitor on all night long and got up to look at it many times to check on him. He slept the whole night, but I don't think I was quite ready for the change yet. So now he is back in our room sleeping. I know it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but I figure, why rush it if I'm not quite ready. We are both sleeping well as is, so we will keep it that way for now.


Often time in the mornings after he has had his first feeding he likes to snuggle up in our bed to take a quick morning nap. It is so precious! I love those early morning snuggles!


He has gotten so good at sitting up to play! He likes feeling like a big boy!


We love this little boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment