How Old Is Jack?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How Old Is Amelia?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 11, 2011

Homemade Babyfood

I thought I would try out making homemade babyfood for Jack. My thought all along was that this would be fairly simple to make...and it really was! I used frozen veggies - I'm trying out green beans first.
I steamed them in the microwave using my new magic bullet cup and steamer lid.
1 cup green beans, 2 Tbsp water, cook 6 minutes.

Once steamed, I just screwed the same cup onto the magic bullet with a few extra tablespoons of water and blended for about 15 seconds.

Yummy green beans for Jack to try!

So far Jack has only tried rice and oatmeal but doesn't like either of them. He seems to get excited at first, but once it goes into his mouth he makes a face like it is the worst food ever! We will try the green beans this evening and hope that he will like them a little bit more. I'm not one to feel the need to rush babyfood consumption, but Jack has been waking up earlier and earlier each morning recently with even a 3am wake up last night, so my hope is that with a little more food in his tummy, he might sleep better.

No comments:

Post a Comment