How Old Is Jack?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How Old Is Amelia?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 16, 2010

37 Weeks

Well we are almost there - 3 weeks to go! Jack is still nice and active and finishing up his cooking inside my tummy. Yesterday I had my doctors appointment. My blood pressure was up higher than it has been in all my previous visits, so the doctor wants me to take it real easy and lay down on my side as much as possible, take 1 baby aspirin a day, and let him know if I have any headaches or am seeing any spots. These would all be signs of preeclampsia which is not good for mom or baby. He said if it got bad the baby is at a point that he could be delivered anytime now if he had to be. He didn't officially say the words "bed rest" but just to rest. So that is what I have been doing today - laying on my side by the Christmas tree and cozy fireplace reading, knitting, cutting out coupons, just chillin' out. I'll enjoy this time of rest while I can since there won't be much of it happening in the months/years to come. :-)
I finally got one of the things I have been craving....the hand-spun peppermint chocolate chip milkshake from Chick-fil-A. I can't say this is a true pregnancy craving since I just love milkshakes to begin with, but it has been on my mind for the past month and I was sooooo happy to finally get one! I predict another trip to Chick-fil-A in the coming week for another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment