How Old Is Jack?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

How Old Is Amelia?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fall Is Here!!!

I love fall! I love the colors of fall, the tastes of fall, the feel of fall, just everything about it. Right now I am snuggled up on the couch by the fire, enjoying a nice cold evening outside, but a nice warm cozy evening inside. The cool weather seems to have started a little earlier this year which is quite alright with me. Cold weather is the best! I was excited to be able to put out our fall decorations last week. We also went and got our pumpkin today. Let the season begin! Welcome to our home!


This morning, like many Saturday mornings, we took a bike ride over to the donut shop in front of Savannah. It was extra special today because we got to put on our warm jackets (and if you are extra excited about the coolness like I am - a scarf and gloves) and ride through the cold weather to get to our donuts. Ooo, we love these donuts!
One of my projects for the day was to make this 'Haunted House' pillow. We were talking this morning that most of our decorations right now are for fall, nothing really specified for Halloween or Thanksgiving. I had found this idea online earlier this week and decided to go for it. Now we have an actual Halloween decoration in our house. I am not very big on decorations for Halloween, but I figured this was cute enough. I am pleased with how it turned out.

Next on the list today was cooking a fall treat - Candy Apples. I had never done this before but thought it would be fun to try. It was a fun, sugar filled project. Ingredients - 16 apples, 6 CUPS OF SUGAR, 1 cup light corn syrup, 2 cups water, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp red food coloring, wooden sticks.

My personal chef, Barrett, helped me make the candy apples and did a fabulous job. We even got to use our new candy thermometer.

Boiling SUGAR, SUGAR, SUGAR!!!

The finished product - 16 red delicious candy apples! Yum! Yum!
Another Fall project completed, and a tasty treat to enjoy!
We got together at the Benkers house this evening and brought the apples with us to share with everyone.
Madi, taking in all the sugar.
Dad, who made a puppet out of his apple core.

Korbin - it looks like the sugar already kicked in!
Chandler, all set and ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment